Monday, April 14, 2008

Has it been a month?

Geez. I actually completely forgot to post some stuff here. I've been logging all my stuff on beginnertriathlete.com and have just ignored this blog, which is supposed to be my personal journal for the year leading up to the New Orleans 70.3. Anyway, I guess it's not too bad since race day is now 356 days a way. Pretty much a year right?

Where do I stand as of now? Where here is how March turned out:

Bike: 13h 58m 32s - 259.25 Mi
Run: 7h 47m 08s - 42.92 Mi
Swim: 10h 45m 20s - 27800 Yd
Strength: 5h 50m
Spinning Class: 3h 45m

Eh... I followed the plan from beg. triathlete. Kind of a weak running month though. Not much biking either, though four spin classes helped. April is off to a good start with this so far:

Bike: 8h 03m 22s - 105 Mi
Run: 7h 08m 37s - 37.89 Mi
Swim: 4h 55m - 12825 Yd
Strength: 1h 25m
Spinning Class: 2h 00m

So I've almost matched the running time from March in half the month. The bike is being helped along by a 100 mile ride I did Saturday at the Natchez Trace Century Ride. Also knocked out a 5K at Run From the Sun that night. Then I gorged on pizza and beer.

The training this month has worn on me, probably because I'm running a lot more. It may not seem like much to some more advanced runners, but as bad as I am and as much as I hate it, it's pretty good. However, I'm finding myself sadistically starting to enjoy putting the shoes to the asphalt.

Oh, and Mooch got a face lift in the form of Vittoria Rubino Pro tires. Love 'em.

No comments: