Monday, June 11, 2007

On with the build...

Back from NYC, and it was incredible. Yankee Stadium was amazing. I can't believe they are going to be tearing that place down. There will be pics and stuff from the trip a little later on, but for now I feel like showing how the bike build is going.



Here are some of the parts. First is the box of stuff that arrived from Nashbar. Next, you see the new tires in relation to the old. A little less tread for easier rides on the road. Then the new seat and seat post, and the handlebars and grips. Not shown right now is the new chain, brake and derailleur cables, cage and water bottle, and handlebar bag.


Now that everything was in, I just started to piece the thing together. I hung it on my workstand and just sorta took off without much direction.
So far the seat and seatpost are on, the rear brakes, the cage, the stem and handlebars, and the grips and brake/shifter levers. This is the point where it got interesting, and slow, because up next is running the cables (the first time I will have done that), putting on the chain, and cleaning the bearings in the wheel hubs.

No comments: