Monday, August 13, 2007

There are no bad bicycles,

Just bad bicycle owners. - Stuart O'Grady in his latest Velo-news rant.

I thought that was a fitting way to label the dopers.

Anyway, I swim with the sharks (hopefully not) in less than two weeks in Sandestin. Really looking forward to this triathlon. It's been a while since I did my last one. The 100+ degree head and 100% humidity is making training a bitch, so this one might be hellacious. I've got all my miles for it, though. The .5 mile swim and and 20 mile bike are no sweat. I've went through some more IT band crap, so I had to take a month off from running. I only got up to four miles last night (and I've run a marathon before. How quick did I crash back to earth?), and I don't want to think about the bike/run transition right now. The first time I did it I almost keeled over dead.

Oh well. Advil and gallons of water are my best friends right now. At least until August 25th.

No comments: