Saturday, August 4, 2007

This is so cool.

The Tour LeFleur was a professional cycling event in Jackson, MS. I think it's run it's course now, though there are a few people trying to revive it. I really hope they do. When was in high school, I remember volunteering for it. Part of the Key Club or some honor society or something. I was selling Powerade in a Coke truck. I remember one of the members of the Saturn females racing team coming up and asking for one immediately after the race. I handed one to her, she kind of patted down her shorts and said, "I kinda don't have my wallet on me right now." I let her slide.

Anyway, here is the cool stuff, and it's why I hope the Tour LeFleur comes back. This is a high light compilation from the 1997 event. It was posted on the Jackson Metro Cyclist email list. Be sure to pay attention to the end of the video, as the road race winner crosses the line, then check out the podium finishers for this year's Tour de France.

No comments: