Thursday, July 5, 2007

Been a while...

Couple of things happened recently that have kept me away:

1. The knee started acting crazy. It hurt like hell for a while, but it has passed.

2. Work got a little crazy as well, but that has passed.

3. They cut my cable line doing prep work for the foundation of the house being built next door.

Anyway, enough excuses. Hope everyone enjoyed their Independence Day. Here are two things that helped me enjoy mine:


That's the Specialized Tri-vent and four pints of Boddingtons Pub ale.

The Jackson Metro Cyclist had a club ride on the morning of the 4th out in Clinton, MS. It was a great route and a great time. I had planned to do the metric century, but I over slept. So I ended up rushing out there to do a 30 mile loop. After that I headed home for more sleep (since that's how I spend most holidays). I eventually got out of bed and watched the History Channel for a while. They had a great series called 'Revolution' on. Definitely worth Tivo-ing if you can. Then, a few pints of Boddington's and the neighbours setting off fireworks capped the day. So, all in all, I had a good day off.

However, I really just wanted to show off those shoes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding? Ive taken poos that taste better than Boddingtons.

Bill Shearer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bill Shearer said...

You've eaten poo?

The best thing about beer is that there's one for anybody's tastes.